Secondary Marketing ManagerCompany: Your Company Name Here
CA - Irvine
This role is responsible for managing all loan related secondary market activity for Sunwest bank, including the purchase and sale of loan pools. Sunwest is very active in the secondary markets through selling whole loans or loan participations to banks, insurance companies, conduits and investment funds. This activity is executed both directly to purchasers through Sunwest's network or through the brokerage community. This role will play a key part in the growth of Sunwest's origination and sale platform including the ongoing strategic development of this business line. The right candidate must thrive in a very high pressure, fast-pace, and ever changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing all loan related secondary market transactions, including both sales and purchases.
- Responsible for marketing loan pools to Sunwest's network of banks and brokers and managing all communications with prospective purchasers including confidentiality agreements, the data room, purchase negotiations and ultimately transaction execution.
- Creatively develop a marketing and calling plan to expand the Bank's direct to bank, insurance company and investment fund model to reduce transaction expenses related to brokers.
- Effectively manage the execution of loan sales to ensure applicable milestones are achieved to assist senior management in managing the Bank's balance sheet and risk exposures.
- Assist senior management in marketing whole loans to fixed income investors, including family offices, and building a closed-end senior debt fund to market to investors.
- Ongoing communication of department, transaction status and results with senior management.
- Achieve short and long term strategic objectives as defined by senior management.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, collaboration and teamwork with customers, peers and management.
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Attends training and maintains a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA.
- Additional duties as assigned as it relates to the position
This position will have indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years or more of industry experience relevant to secondary marketing, transaction management, execution, post-closing, and underwriting.
- Experience working for a loan brokerage is preferred. Specific experience with banks and the disposition of commercial real estate products is a large plus.
- Experience with fixed income loan funds or family offices is highly desirable.
- Decision Making
- Results Orientated