DE UnderwriterCompany: Your Company Name Here
TX - Plano
Underwrites residential mortgage loans in accordance with FHA/HUD and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards. Has current in-depth experience and complete knowledge of FHA/VA lending guidelines and understands how those relate to internal and investor guidelines. Able to clearly communicate FHA/VA, corporate, and investor guidelines to customers, loan processors, and sales associates. Able to make timely, accurate decisions on all FHA/VA transactions. Acts as secondary review and escalation point for conventional loans and government loans. Has thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis. May provide training/mentoring to underwriters, loan processors, and sale associates. Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID and achieve government underwriting authority consistent with individual level of experience, including a successful CAIVERS check. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
- Minimum of one to four years recent manual underwriting experience.
- Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID.
- In-depth understanding of processing, underwriting, and closing procedures, and of underwriting systems and their interdependencies.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of a variety of loan products and program guidelines.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Accepts direction well.
- Computer proficiency including high comfort level with Microsoft office product suite.
- Math Proficiency.
- Detail oriented and uses common sense.
- Able to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Team player.
- Takes direction well.
- 4+ years of mortgage underwriting experience, including FHA and VA loans.
- Must have DE CHUMS #. Review of credit reports for accuracy and red flags, appraisal review, calculation of DTI, income, assets and LTV/CLTV and other complex financial documents (i.e. Tax Returns)
- Proven ability to perform quality work while maintaining productivity and compliance standards.
- Proven negotiation and communication skills with both fulfillment teammates, sales partners and customers.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines, federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and customer service skills are a MUST. Selft-movitvated and highly organized.
- Ability to prioritze multiple competing tasks.
- Flexibility to work extended hours during heavy workload periods.
- Must show strong capacity to address credit related issues and points of risk to ensure that underwriting meets quality assurance standards.
- Familiarity with secondary market requirements.
- Experience processing Conventional FHA and VA loans and use of Automated Underwriting Systems, US systems, DU/LP, Clues.
- VA SAR designation Strongly Desired